Have you built a model engine?
are starting a new page with photos of your finished
engines. These models can be ones you have made from
scratch, from our castings, or from another
We are in the process of collecting photos from
fellow modelers for our new web page. Our hope is to
feature the handiwork of serious modelers around the
world. This is not a contest, nor are models going
to be rated in any way. We all have differing skill
levels and I trust we can have an appreciation for
everyone's hard work.
We will have only a few requirements.
- For the purpose of this site, we are asking
that the models ones that you have personally
machined and not purchased completed. Note: It
is not a problem if a minor part of the
machining was hired out. Keep in mind, this is
to display your handiwork.
- Your submitted model photo needs to be of a
machined antique engine, machine, or piece of
- We can only accept one photo per engine.
Please submit as much of the following as
- Your name, city and state.
- Type of engine (ei. Steam, Hot air, Gas, ..)
- Name of Mfgr. of the original (if
- Year of manufacturing of the original (if
- Year you finished the model.
- Size (ie. Hp, Piston, ...) of original and
of the model
- Approximate scale
- Physical size (including a few major
- Brief description of the engine including
any unique features
- A descriptive photo
I hope we can all enjoy looking at the
craftsmanship. Thank you in advance for your